Rise of Serkan is the tenth expansion released for Pox Nora. It was launched on Wednesday, 20 of August, 2009, under Sony management.
Notable features and historyAugment
"In Rise of Serkan, the fallen Lich King Serkan has returned to claim his throne as the king of Elsarin, but his ambitions extend beyond taking the throne. By harnessing the power of the Utterdark -- with the potential to create and destroy -- Serkan will reshape the world according to his own sinister whims."
In this expansion, there were released a new set of Hero champions for 6 factions, while Underdepths received the champion Bunny Lord and Ironfist Stronghold received the equipment Holy Blade of Valdac in place of new hero. Also, a new campaign to explain the lore behind this expansion was released.
- Ironfist Stronghold didn't received a new hero because the faction already had two heros: Euan Ironfist (released on the expansion Nora Surge) and Talgar Ironfist (released on Drums of War)
- On a similar note, Underdepths also had two heros: K'lzik from the expansion Drums of War, and Grimlic from the expansion Grimlic's Descent, so instead a third hero, they receive a joke rune.
- Bunny Lord was inspired by a player named SaiTaan. Said player was famous because he was collector of all the Magma Bunny copies he could found, once claiming he had over 1'000 copies of said champion. As result of his dedication, the previous studio, Octopi, started working on the Bunny Lord on his honour.
- The new mechanic that was announced for this expansion, equipments that could be deployed as relics to be picked up by a different champion, was not employed again.
- On this expansion, the different Doombringer champions were released. Originally intended to be a counter part to the Harbingers, SoE released for a brief time a special page which include the prophecy each Doombringer would tell to the leader of the different factions.
- Altough the spell Fan Faire forms part of this expansion, it is not possible to obtain said rune through packs, boxes or gold. It is an exclusive spell.
- With exception of the Doombringers and the Fan Faire spell, all the runes are obtanaible through Gold at Player's Rewards.
Runes included on this setAugment
Firk Mind Shredder
Gekaal, High One
Serkan, Lich Master
|[None]||Holy Blade of Valdac|
Mage of Lament
|[None]||Seed of Potential|
Lance Admiral Sceian
|Blood of the Dragon|
Call to War
|[None]||Dragon God's Staff|
|[None]||Sword of Shadows|