Heroes of Maljara is the 14th expansion, launched on 21 of july, 2010. It is the second expansion within the maljara cycle, and followed the same focus on the new concept of split races and runes.
Notable features and history[edit | edit source]
"Heroes of Maljara, the newest PoxNora expansion, continues to explore the Maljaran Epic. Players can unravel the mystery of Magnus’s kidnapping at Poxnora.com and through the PoxNora Facebook application."
While the original maljara expansion, Maljaran Frontier was received with some enthusiasm, once the novelty began to wear off, the response to more split race began to be more negative and vocal. Regardless that, Heroes of Maljara was well received.
Comments[edit | edit source]
- The split heroes were introduced into this expansion: Ash the Bandit Prince, Garin the Sharpfang, Magnus the Fallen, Mangleshell, Matriarch Sarinda, Mosharn the Barricade, Tremir Craghide, Voil King Ruubgaal and Zeventrech the Last.
- Before this expansion, the Hero ability would had a clause that states "This (Hero) champion takes 15 hp damage whenever you play a rune from another faction". The Split Hero ability from release had the clause "This champion is destroyed if played from a full faction battlegroup". Eventually, the Hero ability was changed to match the split hero ability.
- The new format, Draft, is introduced to the game. "PoxNora introduces a new Draft Tournament system. In a draft tournament each player takes turns selecting runes from the same pack until three packs have been drafted. Players are then paired up, with a maximum of eight players per tournament. The winner is awarded prizes along with tokens and runes. Each player who enters the draft tournaments will receive three packs of ten runes just for playing. The tournament entry fee is paid with tickets, which are available for purchase in the PoxNora Marketplace."
- A new campaign is introduced to keep the moving forward the plot started on the previous expansion.
- Eventually, there would be a midterm release, the "Aspects of...".
Runes included on this set[edit | edit source]
|The Foulest Mushroom||Goading Mask|
|Magnus the Fallen
Voil King Ruubgaal
|Altar of Bones||Mind Shackle|
|Archangel of Al'Mara
|Blessing of Al'Mara
Pride of Sarnghaver
|Ankh of Valdac||Wildeye Bracers|
|Ash the Bandit Prince
K'thun the Ancient
Fog of Ancients
Lonx Hunt Leader
Zeventrech the Last
|Favor of the Queen
The Ailur Concord
|Orb of Frostfall||Harmless Bauble|
Ritual of Binding
|Voil King's Crypt||Mark of Kiergana|
Ferocity of Kain Taris
|Skywing Beacon||Bloodthirsty Blade|
Lower Beast of Sheoul
|Breath of Ash
|Ethereal Pool||Firelight Gem|
Split races[edit | edit source]
Midterm release[edit | edit source]
The midterm release for this expansion didn't had a focus on some specific mechanic or lore. The common theme to all the champions is being named and designate after an specific concept that was linked to each of the factions.
|Forglar Swamp||Forsaken Wastes||Ironfist Stronghold||K'thir Forest||Savage Tundra||Shattered Peaks||Sundered Lands||Underdepths|
|Aspect of Growth||Aspect of Death||Aspect of Divinity||Aspect of Life||Aspect of Infinity||Aspect of Chaos||Aspect of Violence||Aspect of Oblivion|
Draft tournament reward[edit | edit source]
As reward for winning a draft tournament, on top of the refund of tickets and runes, players were awarded with a special rune, the Baby Furbull