Drums of War is the third expansion for PoxNora. It was released on 9 of may, 2007, under Octopi, Inc management. It could be considered the first complete expansion, because the two previous expansions, Savage Tundra and Shattered Peaks were focused mainly on the new factions, relegating the previous existing factions. Drums of War also saw the implementation of many features, some of which are still present, and some other long discarded.
Notable features and historyAugment
For this expansion were released around 80 new runes for all the 8 factions, making it a fairly big expansion. In this expansion were introduced the Drums of War system and the Warbanners.
- Five factions got new Heros in this expansion: Forsaken Wastes (Xulos, Undead Sage), Ironfist Stronghold (Talgar Ironfist), K'thir Forest (Menalaus), Sundered Lands (Vindrax) and Underdepths (K'lzik).
- The Premium User subscription mode was implemented on this expansion. For some time, acquiring a subscription was the only way to obtain a Warbanner.
- Two new game modes were added: "King of the Hill" and "Capture the flag". The first was designed around the idea of capturing and defending a specific area of the map for a determined amount of time. The second game mode goal was to capture a flag and move it back to the player shrine.
- Three new maps were added.
- A spectator mode was made available.
- The Drums of War was implemented, and the results obtained were intended to influence the development of the story.
Runes included on this setAugment
Gathering at Dawn
Xulos, Undead Sage
|Disarm||Ironfist Standard||Ethereal Hammer|
Light as a Feather
Pride of K'thir
|Burning Oak Seed|
|Provincial Marker||Ice Carved Greaves|
|Tribal Post||Bag of Boulders|
Deep Elf Priestess
Protect the Nest
|Mark of Sheoul||Demon Shield|